Associate Director of Aquatics
|Salary Range:||Minimum salary is $28,000|
|Benefits:||Free family metro-wide Y membership, medical, dental, and twelve percent employer-paid retirement fund upon vesting|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Branch:||Petersburg Family YMCA|
|Description:||The Petersburg Family YMCA is seeking a mission driven team player to implement, coordinate and supervise our aquatics activities and programs.|
The YMCA of Greater Richmond is a nonprofit organization with the goal of strengthening the foundations of community. We do this through programs that help build a healthy mind, body and spirit for all, and our programs are built around our three focus areas: Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility. The Y is open to all, and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our members and employees. As an employer, the Y seeks to recruit energetic professionals, encourage work-life balance, and provide opportunities for growth and development.
|Duties:||The Associate Director will be responsible for evaluating, developing and implementing programs, including swim lessons, swim team, water fitness, and Learn to Swim; overseeing the hiring, training, scheduling and development of Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Water Fitness Instructors; and for overseeing pool maintenance. |
|Qualifications:||• Candidates must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and supervisory skills, and demonstrate the ability to create programs, successfully schedule programs and staff, and build relationships with members, staff and volunteers.|
• Must have current Professional CPR and First Aid certifications, and YMCA/Red Cross/Ellis lifeguard certification.
• YMCA swim lesson experience, YMCA swim lesson instructor certification, and Lifeguard Instructor certification are highly desirable.
• Must have at least one year of experience managing staff or other professional work experience.
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required, with a bachelor's degree preferred.
• Applicants should be administratively proficient, and familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
**All applicants MUST provide copies of current certifications with applications. Please upload your certifications along with your resume.**
Please submit your application, resume and three references by February 28, 2014.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.