Associate Director of Wellness
|Location:||Glen Allen, VA|
|Salary Range:||Minimum salary is $28,000.|
|Benefits:||Free family metro-wide membership, medical, dental, and 12% employer-paid retirement fund upon vesting.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Branch:||John Rolfe Family YMCA|
|Description:||The YMCA of Greater Richmond is currently seeking a highly motivated, mission driven, team-oriented professional to lead the wellness department at the John Rolfe Family YMCA. |
The YMCA of Greater Richmond is a nonprofit with the goal of strengthening the foundations of community. We do this by providing programs that help build a healthy mind, body and spirit for all, and our programs focus on our three focus areas: Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility. The Y is open to all, and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our members and employees. As an employer, the Y is focused on recruiting energetic professionals, encouraging work-life balance, and providing opportunities for growth and development.
|Duties:||The position is responsible for the overall supervision of all wellness programs, staff and equipment; and building positive relationships with members. Specific duties include creation, staffing and supervision of the Group Exercise schedule; development and implementation of new wellness programs; working with special populations including those with Parkinson’s Disease; and oversight of wellness floor, massage area, and equipment. Supervisory duties for this position will include hiring, training, scheduling and developing staff, and management of all Wellness and Group Exercise staff.|
|Qualifications:||• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.|
• At least one year of experience in wellness management or a related field is required.
• Strong programming and previous supervisory experience are highly desirable.
• Candidates must possess strong organizational abilities and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication abilities and interpersonal skills are required.
• Strong computer skills are required, with previous budgeting experience desired.
The following certifications are required:
• CPR/AED/First Aid required
• ACE or AFAA Group Exercise certification required
• National Personal Training certification such as ACSM, ACE, and CSCS preferred
This position is open until filled.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.