Associate Director of Child Care
|Salary Range:||Minimum salary is $28,000|
|Benefits:||Free family metro-wide Y membership, medical, dental, and twelve percent employer paid retirement fund, upon vesting|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Branch:||Tuckahoe Family YMCA|
|Description:||The Tuckahoe Family YMCA, a branch of the YMCA of Greater Richmond, is seeking a mission-driven, energetic and personable professional to advance and implement our Child Care and Camp programs. |
The YMCA of Greater Richmond is a nonprofit organization with the goal of strengthening the foundations of community. We do this through programs that help build a healthy mind, body and spirit for all, and our programs are built around our three focus areas: Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility. The Y is open to all, and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our members and employees. As an employer, the Y seeks to recruit energetic professionals, encourage work-life balance, and provide opportunities for growth and development.
|Duties:||The Associate Director will work closely with the Director of Child Care to ensure excellence in the execution of school age child care programs through quality program development and enhancement. Specific duties include oversight of kindergarten through eighth grade students, leading the Junior Leaders Program and Middle School Summer Camp, building relationships with families, organizing monthly family nights and quarterly sleepovers, maintaining alignment with the YMCA’s HEPA standards, and staff supervision and development.|
|Qualifications:||• A college degree in a related field is preferred|
• In order to assist with transportation, candidates will be required to obtain Commercial Driver’s License within 60 days of hire; therefore, candidates must be at least twenty-one years of age
• Candidates must possess a minimum of one year of experience in child care
• Management/supervisory experience is strongly preferred
• Must meet minimum Commonwealth of Virginia requirements for Childcare Directors
• Candidates should have the ability to build strong relationships with staff, children and families; excellent communication and organization skills; high energy, initiative, and creativity
Application deadline is June 7, 2013. Please fully complete application and submit resume, cover letter and three references along with your application.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.