Aquatics Director II
|Salary Range:||Minimum salary is $38,000|
|Benefits:||Free family metro-wide Y membership, medical, dental, and 12 percent employer paid retirement fund, upon vesting|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Branch:||Tuckahoe Family YMCA|
|Description:||The Tuckahoe Family YMCA is seeking a mission driven, team player to implement, coordinate and supervise our aquatics activities and programs.|
The YMCA of Greater Richmond is a nonprofit organization with the goal of strengthening the foundations of community. We do this through programs that help build a healthy mind, body and spirit for all, and our programs are built around our three focus areas: Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility. The Y is open to all, and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our members and employees. As an employer, the Y seeks to recruit energetic professionals, encourage work-life balance, and provide opportunities for growth and development.
|Duties:||The Director will supervise the Associate Director of Aquatics, and together with the Associate Director, will oversee the hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of all aquatics staff, and the implementation of all aquatics programming. Candidates must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and supervisory skills; as well, demonstrate the ability to train staff, build relationships with members and staff, and guiding them to reach their established goals. Together with the Associate Director, the Director will supervise Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Water Fitness Instructors, and Swim Team Coaches, and oversee pool maintenance.|
|Qualifications:||• Minimum of three years of aquatics experience required|
• Supervisory and programmatic experience in aquatics programming and pool management required
• Swim team experience is strongly desired
• Current Professional CPR/AED and First Aid certifications, YMCA/Red Cross/Ellis lifeguard and swim lesson instructor certification required
• YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor or Red Cross WSI desired
• Nationally recognized water fitness instructor certification desired
• Applicants must be able to work a varied schedule with some evening and weekend work, to accommodate branch needs
Applicants must submit completed application, cover letter, resume and three references by June 21, 2013.
**All applicants MUST provide copies of current certifications with applications. Please upload your certifications along with your resume.**
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.