Associate Director of Child Care
|Salary Range:||Minimum salary is $28,000|
|Benefits:||Free family metro-wide Y membership, medical, dental and 12% employer-paid retirement fund, upon vesting|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Branch:||Chester Family YMCA|
|Description:||The Chester Family YMCA, a branch of the YMCA of Greater Richmond, is seeking a mission-driven, energetic and personable professional to help advance and implement our Child Care and Camp programs. |
The YMCA of Greater Richmond is a nonprofit with the goal of strengthening the foundations of community. We do this by providing programs that help build a healthy mind, body and spirit for all, and our programs focus on our three focus areas: Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility. The Y is open to all, and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our members and employees. As an employer, the Y is focused on recruiting energetic professionals, encouraging work-life balance, and providing opportunities for growth and development.
|Duties:||The Associate Director will work closely with the Director of Child Care to ensure excellence in the execution of all Child Care and Camp programs through quality program development and enhancement. The focus will be on strong staff development (hiring, training, and mentoring), building relationships among staff and parents, marketing programs and continuing to grow program participation. The Associate Director will open and close child care daily, and will implement Kids' Night Out and other youth and family programming.|
|Qualifications:||• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred|
• Applicants must be able to obtain a minibus driver’s license; therefore, candidates must be at least 20 years of age with a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. A current CDL is desirable.
• Applicants must possess a minimum of two years of age-appropriate programmatic experience
• Applicants should possess excellent communication and organization skills, and the ability to build strong relationships with staff, children and families
• High energy, initiative, and creativity are essential
• Some budgeting and program administration experience is desired
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.